Don't Set Yourself on Fire this Independence Day - Attleboro, MA
Fourth of July is a time to remember how far this county has come in such a relatively short time. July 4th marks America’s anniversary of Independence. Festivities usually include, food, crafty cupcakes you'd find on Pinterest, music, friends, and fireworks. Fireworks/sparklers can be very entertaining if you know how to use them in safety.
There are 280 emergency room visits during July alone. Why? Fireworks.
If you've been to a Massachusetts ER it can be very time-consuming an expensive, so use these safety tips to avoid all that money and time.
- Quickly move at least 10 feet away from the fireworks
- Keep toddlers and children a safe distance from the fireworks - they can have fun watching them, just don't go near them!
- Do not use fireworks if you are under the influence of drugs, tired, or thinking irrationally.
- Have backup water preferably in a bucket or hose in case of an unexpected fire
- If you’ve experienced fire, smoke, and soot damage please call SERVPRO of The Attleboros at 508-234-3399 to repair your home or commercial property/business
- Visit https://www.cpsc.gov/Safety-Education/Safety-Education-Centers/Fireworks for more information about fire and fireworks safety.