If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (508) 223-0505

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Hurricane season in Attleboro - Be prepared!

6/3/2020 (Permalink)

Hurricane as seen from space Call SERVPRO of the Attleboros for any storm related damage at (508) 223-0505

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1st through November 30th each year. 

It is predicted by the NOAA's Climate Prediction Center, there is a 60% chance of an above normal season, 30% chance of a near normal season, 10% chance of a below normal season. 

According to the NOAA, there is a "likely range of 13 to 19 named storms of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes, including 3 to 6 major hurricanes. 

How do we prepare for hurricanes in Attleboro?

1: Find out if you live or work in a hurricane evacuation zone. You can check by clicking here.

2: Make emergency plans for your family. This is very important for you to do in case you need to take action before or during a hurricane. 

Click here for information on making a family emergency plan with meeting locations, emergency contacts, evacuation plan, shelters, and how to consider everyone's needs in the case of an emergency. 

3: Prepare an emergency kit.

Your emergency kit should have 

  • Bottled water
  • Flashlights 
  • Radio and extra batteries
  • Canned goods 
  • First aid kit
  • Important paperwork
  • Clothes 
  • Charged phone
  • Cash 
  • Any medical supplies
  • Pet food 

Click here to print out an emergency kit checklist from the Mass.gov blog. 

4: Staying informed.

This is a very important part of preparing for an emergency. As a storm is brewing, it's important to pay attention to the news and any alerts.

Preparing for a large storm takes some time, but it will be worth it in the case we do experience a storm in Attleboro. 

If your home or business has suffered from storm or water damage, don't hesitate to call us at (508) 223-0505, we're here to help 24/7

Other News

View Recent Posts