Tip of the Week #5 - February Checklist
It's a new month!! Time to go through your house, give it some extra TLC, get rid of some things...in your commercial office building or home
In the beginning of the month, you should
- Check the caulking and grout around sinks, showers, and tubs.
- Check the roof and gutters, clean out any debris and check for ice dams and icicles
- Vacuum and dust HVAC system
- Clean your garbage disposal
Run baking soda and citrus peels through
- Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, replace batteries as needed
- Test and reset all GFCI receptacles
- Check cords, power strips and outlets for wear and tear or evidence of a fire
- Check for any plumbing leaks under sinks and toilets
The start of a new month is an opportunity to de-clutter paperwork, mail, closets, and kitchen cabinets.
Take some time at the beginning of each month to give your home a little extra TLC, set aside a few days to really deep clean the floors and walls.
Make it a habit to organize your paperwork and mail as soon as you get them or bring it home, that way, the next month you'll have less or none to go through.
You should also go through clothing each month or every other month. If you haven't worn it in a year or 6 months, and don't see yourself wearing it again, donate it!